Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Crocheting

Hi Friends,
The leaves are just starting to really turn. Neighbors are setting out their pumpkins. I just love this time of year. There's the little butterflies in your tummy in anticipation of the coming holidays... and WOW at the creative juices! They are a flowing :) So what has my long time between posts been about?
Fist I had to do major spring cleaning... in the fall no less! This was because my bible study meets at my house in the fall. Just me and my favorite peeps... at least my favorite peeps that are within driving distance :) Wish Heather and Elizabeth could make it but they are both a state away.
Anyways... So there's that. Which I can honestly say... I made it through that cleaning time without being hogged tied by a dust bunny! A miracle I tell you.
Then there's my brain... It seems to have a mind of it's own... wait... it's a brain.. that's it's hole mission. I ramble. My brain kind of shifts between different creative mediums. I went years between painting... but then when I do pic up a brush I may do 10 paintings in a month kind of thing. So... I'm feeling the Crochet bug at the moment. And here's what the little crochet fever resulted in.



The owl hat shown here was created from watching a youtube how to video.
After the owl I decided I had to do a monkey for my little one. So I designed my own monkey hat with the skills I learned from the first tutorial. They aren't perfect, but my girls love them :)



Then there's the kitchen... we've been eating lots of Pumpkin Spice Muffins.



My recipe:
1 box Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
1 can Libby's Pure Pumpkin

  1. Beat till blended well... it will seem dry at first but after a bit it's had a good texture.
  2. I use a piping bag and pipe them into paper liners mainly for presentation's sake.
  3. Bake according to the time and temperature on the cake box for cupcakes.
  4. Yum... dig in :)
We also have added Soccer to our schedule which my oldest has absolutely fallen in love with.
Last night I worked on the Robot party set which I should have up this week in my store and I'm about to start on My oldest daughter's Mad Tea party set which you'll see soon.

So we've been a bit busy, but who isn't . Right? So long for now sweet friends!

Hugs,
Heather

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love your hats! I especially love the bow on the monkey:) Fall is the best!