Monday, September 27, 2010

{Halloween} Creative Decorating

What's the most creative decoration you've made for Halloween?

I love putting on Halloween Town on the TV and getting creative with the kids this time of year. And I've been known to get a little holiday nuts at the office with Photoshop. Victorian images and pumpkins, need I say more? It screamed... "off with their heads!" . My mother's response was to come over less frequently. She was a little chicken with those pumpkin heads frames over my buffet. I have no idea why.





I'm partial to grabbing a slab of air dry clay and shaping it into whatever ghost, ghoul or pumpkin is fluttering in my manic brain.



The year I found one of my favorite folk artist, Catherine Holman, I was so inspired by her work I sat down and painted a haunted version of a house.



I had fun making an artist trading card with an image of my great grandmother. I turned her into a witch. My mother of course told me that Grandma Harmon was going to haunt me for that.



So all these past projects made me wonder, what do other people do to feather their nest around this time of year? I went nuts over a super cool pumpkin tutorial I found at Smilemonsters blog. This lady went to town with a drier vent, paint and primer. Added some twigs and leaves and in the end was the proud owner of an amazing pumpkin! I give her two thumbs up.... and two toes!

So leave me a comment with your spooky best!

Hugs,

2 comments:

Catherine Holman said...

Heather,
I'm honored to be one of your favorite folk artists! I absolutely love all your work and those photos with the pumpkin heads are great!
Hugs,
Cathie

Bethany said...

I am laughing out loud! I'm not a good Halloween decorator but I have to fill the porch with pumpkins! (Your poor Mom!) ;)