Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day of the Dead Collection

Day of the Dead (Spanish: Día de los Muertos) is a Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and around the world in other cultures. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. ~ From Wikipedia

I've been on a Day of the Dead kick since my last trip to EPCOT. My favorite pavilion is the Mexico pavilion. You are transported to a summer night in Mexico city. And here and there you see Day of the Dead decorations. So as I was saying... enamoured with the lovely fun and sometimes sentimental designs celebrating those who have passed.
So I have been working on a series of paintings celebrating The Day of the Dead while also exploring the classic grim fairy tales and a few historic figures. I'll be at the Geranium Festival this May, fingers and toes crossed my application is accepted! So till then I wanted to give you a scoop on some of the pieces that will be shown there. I'll also be doing Day of the Dead face painting for varying prices depending on what design you choose.
As I prep for the Festival I'll be sharing what is involved in getting ready for such a large event as well as tips and tricks I learn along the way to keep as many pennies in my piggy as I can. So enjoy the preview and Happy Thursday. Thursday deserves some love since Friday gets all the happy feelings!





Hugs,

No comments: